Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I want to reflect Him like a mirror.

I want to reflect Him like a mirror.
There is such a freedom in Jesus. He didn’t care what religious scholars thought about him, positive OR negative. He didn’t let the current of the public opinion sway him either way. He simply said what he had to say that was GIVEN to him from the father, KNOWING he was approved by his father. So many times people change who they are or what they believe in order to conform to those around them,  that they won’t be mocked or ridiculed..but instead accepted. I came to the revelation that..dude, Jesus was loved by SO many people, and at the same time he was HATED by so many more. People would spit at Jesus as he walked through the streets, accusing him of blasphemy. Telling him he was nothing but a poor carpenter, there were those who wanted Jesus dead. But Jesus, in his holiness and sovereignty did not fret, but continued doing the works of God, holding fast to the truth the promises of his father. If the church is STRIVING and yearning to be more like Jesus, we CANNOT expect to be accepted by everyone that crosses our path. The world doesn’t want to hear the truth. Jesus was persecuted to the point of torture and death for spreading the truth. If you are accepted by each and every person you meet, can I tell you that there is reasoning to evaluate yourself? In fact, I have reasons to evaluate myself..
God, give us grace and strength, to stand firm on your word. Make it like hot coal upon our lips. I pray for the boldness to wear your love on my sleeve, for everyone to see. Less of me and more of you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment